Singer Eir Aoi, known for a multitude of SAO’s most popular opening/closing themes is currently on tour in Japan and playing Zepp Osaka Bayside next Thursday, November 14.
Sword Art Online’s Eir Aoi is soaring over to Osaka next week as part of her AAI EIL Live House Tour 2019. The singer known to SAO fans for opening themes “Ignite”, “Innocence” and closing themes “Iris”, “Niji No Oto”, and “Ryuusei” is playing a gig at Zepp Osaka Bayside on Nov. 14th at 19:00 JST / 7:00 PM. Doors will open at 18:00 JST / 6:00 PM. Further information about the venue for overseas fans currently visiting Japan can be found at this link.
2014 hit single “Ignite” currently enjoys 25 million+ views on YouTube, just a taste of the incredible popularity of SAO owns worldwide. Meanwhile, “Innocence” has a comparable 16 million+ views.
In a SAO dream collaboration, Eir Aoi played a set back in May at the Sacra Music Festival with LiSA, the singer of SAO’s most famous and first opening theme “Closing Fields”. They sang Opening Themes “Ignite” and “Rising Hope” together during the show.
Sword Art Online Music Timeline:
– “Innocence” was Eir Aoi’s first song featured on SAO (Opening Theme on Episodes #15-25)
– “Niji No Oto” was the Closing theme on film, Sword Art Online: Extra Edition
– “Ignite” featured on Sword Art Online 2 (Opening Theme on Episodes #1-14)
– “Iris” was similarly featured as the first Closing Theme of Sword Art Online: Alicization
– “Ryuusei” was featured as the Opening Theme for Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online
Eir Aoi is also known for her work on anime shows Kill la Kill, Fate/Zero, and The Heroic Legend of Arslan and TV programs like Rank Okoku. She’s been keeping busy in 2019, releasing album Fragment this past April and a plethora of singles. Most recently collaborating with anime Fate once again for “The dream of falling stars” and “Yume”.
After Osaka, Eir Aoi will play two more shows before touring concludes. On Thursday, November 21 at Fukuoka at DRUM LOGOS and Hiroshima at BLUE LIVE Hiroshima. The tour’s chronological order can be found at Eir Aoi’s official website.