The Queens, NYC based Museum of the Moving Image has reopened to the public with their ‘Envisioning 2001: Stanley Kubrick’s Space Odyssey’ exhibit running again through September 26, 2021.
The Museum of the Moving Image is officially resuming its must see Stanley Kubrick exhibit on film 2001: A Space Odyssey. This includes weekly screenings of the iconic picture. Sunday matinee screenings will feature 2001’s 4K digital restoration while Friday evening screenings feature a 70mm version. All screenings will take place at the Museum of the Moving Image’s in-house Redstone Theater.
MoMI will also be screening the Complete Kubrick collection of films until September 26, 2021. The treasure trove of cinema classics from the Stanley Kubrick archives playing this summer includes: The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Dr.Strangelove, Lolita, Paths of Glory, and The Killing.
Here are the visitor guidelines to attend from the Museum of the Moving Image’s COVID-19 safety measures section:
” – All visitors (ages 2+) will be expected to wear a snug-fitting mask (no bandanas or scarves) covering nose and mouth. Masks must be worn at all times inside the building.
– Social distancing of six feet (unless with members from your own household).
– Museum experiences that require touch or shared surfaces (including headphones, information sheets, interactive experiences) will not be available until further notice.
– Cafe and Shop will remain closed for the time being.
– Only two persons will be allowed in the elevator at one time.
– Coat check will be temporarily closed, and the maximum bag size allowed in Museum galleries is 11″x14″ (28 x 33.5 cm). No large bags or luggage can be accepted. Please plan accordingly. (Stroller parking will be available.)
– If you feel unwell or believe you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you refrain from visiting. A refund will be issued for your ticket.
– New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory requires international visitors to quarantine for 14 days. If you are traveling to NYC from outside the United States, visitors are required to complete the online traveler health form.
– We encourage advance timed-entry ticket purchase, until further notice. Book your Museum visit here. Film tickets may be purchased via individual film pages.”
Stanley Kubrick fans in NYC finally have an opportunity to see HAL 9000 in-person once again!
Watch video of ‘Envisioning 2001: Stanley Kubrick’s Odyssey’ exhibit
– The Natural Aristocrat® first toured the exhibit in February 2020. Not in NYC? Be sure to check out our video!
– Watch our exclusive video interview with Katharina Kubrick on the Envisioning 2001 exhibit.
– Check out our full video of the Envisioning 2001 presentation press panel with Katharina Kubrick.
– Barry Lyndon fan? Read Handel’s ‘Sarabande’ duel music demands satisfaction.
– Visit the Stanley Kubrick section for the latest news and analysis on cinema’s most legendary director.