Tonight’s Younger lived up to the series’ namesake by mercilessly eliminating the very premise it was founded on.
This recap contains spoilers for Younger Season 6 Episode 8.
The cat is out of the bag, Liza’s 42 and now the whole world knows it! On tonight’s Younger, Liza Miller ran into Charles’ ex-wife while dropping something off for his daughter. At first ex-wife Pauline was all smiles, wanting to extend an olive branch to Liza by having a casual lunch with her. That was when Pauline believed Liza to be the young assistant her husband ran way with… Not her very own peer.
During a Millenial meeting, Zane suggested Pauline’s return, both as author and as their featured author for Millenial’s appearance at a Debutante Ball. Things would look bright and cheery for Liza as Pauline told her she was the only Editor that ever understood her, and she would happily be a debutante. Everything was going swimmingly until Pauline discovered Liza’s real age off a driver’s license. 42… 42!
It was a moment similar to George Costanza’s mother from Seinfeld discovering she hadn’t been taking advice from a Chinese lady after all. ‘This changes everything!’ Needless to say, the ball would end up being a disaster.
Pauline would expose Liza on stage in a living nightmare of embarrassment. The revelation would also have Pauline reconsidering her child custody agreement with Charles.
Diana Trout has a panic attack
Diana had earlier made Liza her Maid of Honor in tonight’s Younger episode. When she heard the truth about Liza’s age, she was beside herself. Diana stormed out of the ball into the streets of New York City before collapsing. She was taken to the emergency room and refused to speak to either Charles or Liza. Enzo telling Diana that Liza looks good for her age did not help matters.
Liza would speak to Josh on the phone following “The Debu-Taunt” ball but not much was shown on screen. Only the beginning of the conversation, no middle or end.
Even though Diana drafted a termination letter for Liza, after hearing why she lied, she understood. If not for the lie, Diana Trout would never have gotten to meet Liza Miller to begin with. Instead of ‘Not so Millennial’ there would be no Millennial. There would be no Younger…
Check out a last week’s recap of TV Land’s Younger and catch up on the series.
Younger’s Season 6 finale ended on a marriage proposal cliffhanger to Liza Miller, leaving fans waiting for Season 7.
This article/recap contains spoilers for Younger Season 6 Episode 12.
Charles popped the question during a slow dance with Liza at Diana and Enzo’s wedding. However, Charles did not take a knee leaving the rest of the wedding guests none the wiser. Before Liza could give any kind of answer, Kelsey interrupted the moment. Charles had offered the recently departed Kelsey a stake in his company, if she returned to Millenial just a bit earlier.
Though Kelsey had achieved her dream of being a publisher again under Quinn in this episode… Charles’ offer combined with his spiel about Kelsey being family was too tempting to ignore. Thus, Kelsey said ‘I do’ while Liza stayed silent mid-proposal.
Liza had a talk with Josh at the bar before the dance about licensing her time hourglass tattoo for Inkburg. At first, Liza said it’s fine, he can do the tattoo on other people. Yet, a second later as Josh turned around, Liza changed her mind. She told Josh, ‘That tattoo is ours. It’s mine.’ Josh smiled at the answer because it meant Liza’s feelings toward him hadn’t evaporated. It was then Charles asked Liza for a dance.
Liza appeared sincerely relieved that Kelsey had interrupted Charles’ marriage proposal. She let herself be whisked away by a group dance and gave Charles no answer. Or perhaps, no answer as they say was the answer. Hesitation means Liza is not a 100% on marrying Charles which is a statement in itself. After opening himself up, Charles seemed noticeably bothered at Liza’s non-answer but Kelsey and the surroundings gave plausible deniability.
Will Liza officially break up with Charles to open Season 7 of Younger? Is a reunion with Josh inevitable? Will Charles initiate the breakup himself? Surely, he must be getting tired of the ex-boyfriend always being in the picture…
Liza Miller made a decision on tonight’s Younger episode that she won’t see ‘him’ ever again. Who did she choose? Find out in this recap!
This recap contains spoilers for Younger Season 6 Episode 10 (“It’s All About the Money, Honey”).
It looks like it’s over for ‘Team Josh ‘shippers’, Liza told Charles she would never see Josh ever again on tonight’s Younger episode! Liza ironically forced the decision upon herself. Charles and Kelsey had taken a flight over to Chicago to meet a potential investor in Millenial to replace Quinn. Upon realizing her Infinitely 21 campaign ad featured Josh getting all cozy with her at a bar, (and that it would go national) Liza decided to fly over and personally explain.
— #YoungerTV (@YoungerTV) August 21, 2019
Charles actually wasn’t bothered by the ad so much as Liza feeling it was important enough to fly over last second to Chicago about it. Liza would stumble all over her words about how she tends to live in the past and hang on to the past… Until Charles asked her if she’s going to keep living there. Liza then made the proclamation that she would never see Josh ever again.
— #YoungerTV (@YoungerTV) August 21, 2019
Likely? Probably not. From now on though, if she meets with Josh and Charles finds out their relationship is kaput, finito. No going back on this verbal promise.
Kelsey Peters shows ‘Assets’ to entire world by accident
— #YoungerTV (@YoungerTV) August 20, 2019
Kelsey and Charles managed to close the deal verbally with Millenial’s only potential investor after exhausting all other options. The deal was in the bag until Kelsey went back to her hotel room and replied to an Instagram DM by Zane… Kelsey exposed much of her ‘assets’ in a sexy video message that she thought was going to Zane alone. On top of it all, Kelsey said “Guess who got the money honey” in a unique tone to say the least. Kelsey then went to sleep with a smile on her face, not realizing her video had been recorded as an Instagram story to the entire world!
The next morning she was greeted by 1000s of text messages and had gone viral. Deleting the video did not help either and the Millenial investors saw it. They would only agree to go forward on their verbal agreement and sign if Charles was back as publisher. Charles did not want to go through with it but Kelsey did. She agreed for Charles to go back to being publisher, feeling it was all her fault… Plus, the company would finically collapse without the investment.
Clare takes job in LA… Taking daughter Gemma with her
— #YoungerTV (@YoungerTV) August 22, 2019
Josh would get surprising news from Clare, who told him she received a new job offer… In Los Angeles. Without warning or much empathy, Clare told Josh she was taking the job and taking their daughter Gemma with her. Josh would tell Maggie what happened who recommended he tried to milk the Infinitely 21 campaign for all its worth.
Desperate, Josh went over to Infinitely 21 to suggest the store merge his Inkburg tattoo parlor into the store. Leadership agreed, as the person in charge happens to have a thing for him. She would give Josh a long embrace when he said goodbye.
Be sure to check out 42 Reasons Liza Miller’s Age Won’t Hurt Her on TV Land’s Younger and the Younger recap for the episode that turned the season upside down!
Here’s 42 reasons why Liza Miller being publicly exposed for lying about her real age at Millennial won’t damage her on TV Land’s Younger!
- Josh knew and loves her anyway.
- Charles knew and loves her anyway!
- Quinn found out before investing in Millennial. She saw Liza’s lie as an empowering viral news story in the making.
- Liza’s close friend and Publisher of Millennial, Kelsey Peters, knew and has always supported her after the fact.
- Remember what Enzo spontaneously remarked, ‘Wow, she looks good for her age!’
- Like Liza told Diana Trout, if she hadn’t lied, she would have never worked there in the first place.
- Speaking of Diana, she’s already over it.
- Getting away with the lie for years is a more intriguing news story long-term.
- Liza having to lie exposes rampant ageism in workplaces publicly.
- It’s all about shaping the next news cycle and Liza has considerable connections.
- The older generations will love the idea that a woman in her 40’s was needed to get a Millennial publication off the ground.
- In fact, they might see Liza as the real authority figure and Publisher at Millennial instead of Kelsey.
- ‘It’s only when you’ve lost everything, that you’re free to do anything.’ – Fight Club’s Tyler Durden
- One can say the lie burdened Liza Miller as much as it helped.
- Being exposed in the public eye involuntarily takes away the anxiety of making a choice about it.
- While some business partners might leave, new ones will form in their place.
- Liza Miller did not lose her editing skills when people found out she isn’t 27.
- The spirit remains the same, no matter what the age.
- George Carlin once said, ‘Some men are already old men in their twenties. It’s about attitude, a point of view, a way of thinking.’ The same applies here.
- Charles’ ex-wife can’t say he ran off with a younger woman anymore to paint a negative picture of both.
- Similarly, a lot of Diana’s subconscious anger was that Charles fell for her same-age peer rather than a young assistant.
- Publicity, even negative publicity, gets your brand talked about which is priceless.
- The personal name recognition could make Liza Miller bigger than the whole Millenial brand nationally.
- Liza’s real age might actually help should Charles’ ex-wife start a custody battle over their kids.
- The story will open the door for others who’ve lied under the same circumstances to share without shame.
- Liza Miller could become an inspirational symbol in society for gaming an unjustly discriminatory system.
- Zane and much of the office’s anger is that others secretly knew before them.
- Kelsey Peters once shed tears when Liza was being blackmailed to take another job in Season 5 of Younger.
- Without knowing Liza’s real age, almost everyone was fooled. That’s a compliment if there ever was one.
- Liza is close to and protected by those that have the most power over her career. Though not untouchable, those in power will fight for her to stay.
- The fact Liza helped establish Millennial as trendy breaks the notion you have to be part of an age group to understand it.
- Liza was already told by Charles’ ex-wife she was the only Editor that ever understood her before The Debutante Ball. It can’t be taken back.
- Should the company choose to pretend they didn’t know and fire her, it’ll be transparent they’re playing the PR game. If Liza goes, Millennial goes down with her.
- Liza Miller holds the actual leverage if fired, as internal knowledge of her age would hold the company accountable in a court of law for discriminatory practice.
- Lauren Heller doesn’t seem genuinely angry with Liza, just playfully taunting her. Lauren will likely be over it quickly if she isn’t over the lie already.
- The case makes the public rethink their perception of age as a whole in a positive light.
- The entire ordeal brought Liza back closer to Josh with a single phone call. Which is what she seems to truly want…
- Quinn wanted the story out in the first place, she’ll likely look to cash in now that it’s out in the open.
- Maggie certainly doesn’t care, ‘the dark cloud’ of media attention doesn’t make her think any different of Liza.
- If Liza decides to walk away, other fledging companies will offer her a position immediately to turn their fortunes around.
- Results matter to financial bottom lines more than superficial qualities. Age doesn’t change talent.
- Liza Miller can’t take it back even if she wanted… So why regret?
* All GIFS credit to TV Land’s YoungerTV on GIPHY!
Be sure to catch up on “The Debu-Taunt Ball” with our Younger recap for last week’s episode!
Check out full live stream info and a preview trailer for tonight’s Younger episode on TV Land featuring the highly anticipated fallout.